However, we would like to draw your attention to the fact that the rights and obligations described in this Policy do not cover third-party websites that may be linked to or mentioned on our website. These third-party websites have their own privacy policies and we encourage you to read them carefully.
1. What personal information is collected
“Personal information” means any information about an identifiable individual. The personal information we may collect includes, but is not limited to, your :
– Last name;
– First name(s)
– Telephone number;
– Mailing Address;
– e-mail address;
– IP address;
– Language; Country
– Banking information for donors who make monthly donations via automatic bank payments;
– Answers to questions about registering for a group activity, volunteering or registering for one of our programs.
– Any other personal information we have not requested (such as personal information you voluntarily provide to us in an e-mail or by sharing your comments through our Site).
2. How personal information is collected
The Carrefour d’aide aux nouveaux arrivants may use your personal information for the following purposes:
– To provide you with our services and group activities;
– To manage our relationship with you and the delivery of our customer service;
– To identify you in our system;
– To respond to questions you send us via the website, forms, e-mail or telephone;
– To contact you for donation purposes;
– To facilitate and process your registration for services, activities and programs offered by our organization;
– To communicate with you by e-mail about our mission, services, activities, programs and events;
– To deliver and evaluate the programs and activities for which you are registered;
– To collect payment for your donations;
– To issue tax receipts, where applicable;
– To follow up on files and communications with you;
– To improve the Site and facilitate the development of new services, tools and functionalities on the Site that correspond to your needs;
– To improve and enhance our services and activities;
– To better understand your needs and expectations so that we can continue to provide you with quality, efficient service;
3. When we collect your personal information
We may collect your personal information when you use the Services and provide it voluntarily:
– Make a donation via the Zeffy third-party website;
– Contact us to request information or to participate in our services, by filling out the contact form on our website;
– Use our registration forms for volunteering, for registering for our intercultural twinning program, or for any other form concerning a program and/or service on our website;
– Send a question or comment to our organization by e-mail or telephone; we collect your e-mail address and the personal information contained in your e-mail. The type of information and the reason for collecting it depend on the context of our exchanges.
– You register for an event via the Evenbrite third-party website;
– Contact an employee or volunteer by phone, e-mail or in person;
– Post comments on other websites via Google My Business
– Subscribe to our newsletter via the third-party website Mailchimp.
– Share and/or comment on our content via our social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
The Carrefour d’aide aux nouveaux arrivants respects the Canadian Anti-Spam Act (CASL) and will not send you electronic communications that contravene this Act.
The Canadian Anti-Spam Act protects consumers and businesses against the misuse of digital technology. Among the provisions of the law, good practices to adopt include :
– Obtain consent from individuals before including them on a mailing list for commercial electronic messages such as e-mails or text messages;
– ensure that your recipients are given the opportunity to refuse your commercial e-mails, i.e., they must be able to unsubscribe from the list;
– ensure that your organization’s name is clearly indicated in addition to its physical address, contact details and unsubscribe mechanisms.
We will ensure that our e-mails offer you the option of unsubscribing at any time, in which case you will be removed from our mailing list. You can unsubscribe by clicking on the link provided in the e-mail or by contacting the Privacy Officer listed below.
The payment section applies when you complete the donation form via the Zeffy third-party site.
The personal information requested is required to process the transaction and issue the tax receipt. In the case of Carrefour d’aide aux nouveaux arrivants, we may collect and retain information (last name, first name, e-mail address and telephone number) in order to inform you of a new donation campaign, to send you thanks and/or to respond to your request.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored in a dedicated location on your computer, mobile device, tablet or other device when you use your browser to visit an online service. Other tracking technologies, such as web beacons and tracking pixels, may be used for similar purposes. In this Policy, all such tracking technologies are collectively referred to as “Cookie(s)”. Any Personal Information collected through Cookies by the Carrefour d’aide aux nouveaux arrivants is treated with the same level of confidentiality as any other Personal Information held by the Carrefour d’aide aux nouveaux arrivants.
You may refuse or disable cookies by modifying your browser settings according to the instructions provided by your browser. Please note that by choosing to disable cookies, you may limit your access to certain features of our website.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “Google”), or other comparable technology. Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are data files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States .
Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our website, compiling reports on website activity for our website operators and providing details of other website activity in connection with internet services. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
You may set your browser not to accept cookies, however, it is important to note that without cookies, certain features and functionality of our website will be unusable.
The Carrefour d’aide aux nouveaux arrivants informs the person concerned and obtains his or her consent for any collection, use or communication of personal information concerning him or her, subject to certain exceptions provided by law. We will always respect the purposes for which we have collected your personal information. If we wish to use or disclose your personal information for other purposes, we will seek your consent, except as permitted by law.
5. Use, disclosure and retention of personal information
Your personal information will not be used without your consent for purposes other than those for which it was collected or in accordance with applicable law.
We will retain your personal information only as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and to meet our legal obligations.
The Carrefour d’aide aux nouveaux arrivants may use personal information or disclose it for other purposes, if the person concerned consents or if required by law.
– The Carrefour d’aide aux nouveaux arrivants may give your name, e-mail address and telephone number to other community agencies, institutions or other organizations when :
– We are unable to respond to your request, we refer you to another organization;
– Another party involved in your case, or someone representing them (such as an immigration lawyer);
6. Security measures
The personal information we collect is kept in a secure environment. Employees working for the Carrefour d’aide aux nouveaux arrivants are required to respect the confidentiality of your personal information.
To ensure the security of your personal information, we use the following measures:
– SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) protocol
– Access management – authorized person
– Computer backup, firewall, antivirus, passwords, double authentication,
– Software solutions for technical security,
– Data protection on a secure server,
We maintain reasonable technical, physical and administrative security measures to protect your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access.
However, since no mechanism offers maximum security, there is always an element of risk when using the Internet to transmit personal information.
If you have reason to believe that personal information has been compromised, please contact us at the coordinates indicated under the heading “Person responsible for personal information”. In the event of a privacy incident involving your personal information, we will notify you as soon as possible after we become aware of the incident. We will take reasonable steps to minimize the risk of harm and to prevent similar incidents in the future.
7. Policy changes and updates
Carrefour d’aide aux nouveaux arrivants may, at its discretion, update, revise, modify or supplement this Policy from time to time. If significant changes are made to the Policy, you will be notified when you log in and/or we will send you a link to the new version of the Policy. The Policy and any related documents will be posted on our website. Le Carrefour d’aide aux nouveaux arrivants asks its users to consult and accept the revised Policy before continuing to use our website.
If you refuse or withdraw your consent, you acknowledge that Carrefour d’aide aux nouveaux arrivants may not be able to provide or continue to provide you with certain services or information that may be useful to you.
8. Your rights
Depending on the applicable legislation, you have various rights such as the right to be forgotten, the right to access or rectify your Personal Information, the right to withdraw your consent (if applicable), the right to de-index, or the right to data portability , i.e., the right to receive a copy of all Personal Information that Carrefour d’aide aux nouveaux arrivants holds about you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. To exercise any of these rights (to the extent that they are available), please contact us as indicated in the section below.
We will need to verify your identity before providing you with the personal information we hold about you. Such a request for access is free of charge. Please note that we cannot authorize access to your personal information when it cannot be separated from information about other individuals, cannot be disclosed for security or trade secret reasons, or is protected by legal privilege. If we are unable to provide you with access to your personal information, we will notify you of the reasons for denying access.
In principle, whether the request is verbal or written, the Privacy Officer has a maximum of 20 calendar days to respond. The Privacy Officer may extend this time limit by 10 days if it appears impossible to process the request without interfering with the organization’s normal operations. However, the requestor must be notified in writing before the expiry of the first 20-day period.
9. Person responsible for personal information
10780 Rue Laverdure
Montreal, QC H3L 2L9
(514) 382 0735
Effective date and revision